By some uncanny miracle the Acid Mothers Temple Festival has reached its twelfth year! And it's now fifteen years since the first Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. overseas tour! With a three-disk retrospective best of compilation in the works (to be titled: A Young Person's Guide to Acid Mothers Temple) on Donburi Disk, it seems like the perfect moment to look back and reflect. So this year's AMT Festival, with the original vocalist Cotton Casino, will be themed around the idea of a return to our psychedelic origins - which means that we get to dust down some old classic songs that we had long locked away in the attic. Lighting wizards liquidbiupil will be on hand with their psychedelic light show to create the perfectly seductive trip space for us.
So, this is the call going out to all Acid Brothers and Sisters, wherever you may be in the universe. Return! To Psychtopia!
open 17:30 / start 18:30
adv 2800 yen / door 3000 yen
* Including Tsuyama Atsushi's auction laughathon. Who knows what rare items he has in his bag this year.
* At the Shopzone a clear out sale of all current and old titles.
* We will be selling the "12th AMT Festival" T-shirt. This will be highly limited so do not delay!
* Those who purchase tickets in advance can exchange their tickets at the entrance for a special CDR present. Tickets reserved at Tokuzo by telephone and tickets bought on the day will NOT be eligible for this special CDR.
* AMT member's flea market. What hidden treasures can you find?
* After the concert we will host the usual AMT end of year party. Please join us.
From Nagoya Station, take either the Higashiyama underground line towards Fujigaoka, or the Sakuradori line towards Nonami. In both cases, alight at Imaike which is about ten minutes from Nagoya Station.
The venue is two minutes walk from exit ten at Imaike.
[FOR THOSE PLANNING TO TRAVEL FROM FURTHER AFIELD]
The gig will end by 22:00, because of noise limitation ordinances. Since the last Nozomi bullet train for Tokyo departs Nagoya Station at 22:10, those who wish to travel home that night should instead catch the night bus for Tokyo which leaves at 23:30 from Nagoya Station.
For those travelling from Osaka, the last Nozomi bullet train leaves Nagoya at 22:57. You will have adequate time to catch either one of these.
There are numerous cheap hotels both around Tokuzo and around the Nagoya Station area. However, since the gig wil be on a weekend it would be advisable to make a booking in advance.
Tokuzo will be open as a bar until 05:00 so it will also be possible to spend the night drinking there and then catch the first train home in the morning. There are many other drinking establishments near Tokuzo that stay open all night.